Refund Policy: We do not issue refunds. We are an all-volunteer organization and a nonprofit. If you cannot attend, your registration fee will be an appreciated donation to our organization.
September 10 @ 9:00 am - 11:50 am
Join us for this premier half-day training led by Kylie Hutchinson on September 10th at 9:00 a.m. [Members must be logged in to purchase a pre-sale ticket. Tickets will be made available to the general public on July 8th.]
About the event
Effective Evaluation Reporting: Making Your Key Messages Sticky
The evaluation profession has wholeheartedly embraced newer and more innovative forms of reporting over the years such as infographics, two-page reports, slidedocs, and story maps. But these briefer forms of communication require us to condense our extensive findings into much shorter content. Making our key messages “sticky” is critical for reducing the noise and ensuring that busy decision-makers are able to understand, recall, and act on our key findings when the time comes. Join Kylie Hutchinson for an interactive keynote looking at what makes a message “sticky” and leave feeling inspired to try something new. Stay for a follow-up workshop with Kylie to further delve into sticky messaging and practice on your own evaluation results.
Keynote: 9:00 – 10:00 am
Workshop: 10:20 – 11:50 am
About Kylie Hutchinson
Kylie Hutchinson is an independent evaluator and trainer with Community Solutions Planning and Evaluation. She is the author of A Short Primer on Innovative Evaluation Reporting, Evaluation Failures: 22 Tales of Mistakes Made and Lessons Learned, and Survive and Thrive: Three Steps to Securing Your Program’s Sustainability. Kylie’s passion is taking evaluation research and theory and translating it into practical resources and tips for evaluators on the ground.
This training was made possible by the OSU College of Pharmacy who donated the event space.
- Date: September 10, 2019
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
- Cost: $40 for members; $50 for non-members
- Location: Robertson Life Sciences Building, Room 2S060, 2730 SW Moody Avenue, Portland, OR 97201. Enter on the South side of the building and proceed to the second floor.
- Transportation/Parking: Parking on the South Waterfront is limited and costs $22 per day. Please plan your trip on mass transit using TriMet’s Trip Planner.
- Other Notes: Coffee will be provided. Participants can also access food and beverages from Starbucks and Elephants Deli on-site.